The last couple of nights I’ve been having a hard time getting decent sleep. So the sleep-deprivation was building, which of course affects my mood, energy, etc. In sum, it sets the stage for some rougher days.
But today, even though it wasn’t the easiest day and there were some rough (even some dark) patches, these are what got me through the day:
- Coffee, coffee, coffee! And I mean each of those words literally, because I had three cups of coffee. Those gave me the energy to make it through the morning.
- Sonic run at lunch. I was starting to feel kind of down, and decided I needed some time to myself. So I took a drive to Sonic, listened to some music, got a LARGE Diet Dr. Pepper and a small fries to munch on. I returned to campus and sat in my car for a bit, and even leaning my chair back to close my eyes and rest before work.
- A better, calmer mindset after lunch and the ability to get some more projects done. And of course the girls in my office who make me smile.
- 30 Day Shred, Level 2!!! That’s right, I hit up a kick-butt routine. I came home and was struggling more with just feeling “blah” and tense inside. But tell you what, that workout knocked it right out of me. It was such a relief to physically tell I was feeling better.
- Getting to watch So You Think You Can Dance while eating yummy fiber cereal. It was awesome
Well my sleep medicine is kicking in, so now I’m excited to head to bed. But just wanted to share these things in my day. Every good and perfect gift is from God, and I worship him for blessing us with the little things to make it through these days.
PS – Oh, I forgot to mention the awesome new To Write Love On Her Arms shirt that I ordered…and arrived today! Check out a full pic of the shirt and others like it HERE.
Have I mentioned I have the most awesome sister ever? Her name is Lindsay. And she’s pretty much amazing.
Me and Lindsay at a younger age 🙂
I got to see my dear friend Jenny get married yesterday to an awesome guy named Andrew. It was so sweet to be at their wedding; Jenny has been such a dear and sweet friend to me over the past couple of years. I’m so happy for her! I had to leave the reception early, but fortunately it was for a good reason – I picked up my lil’ sister! She just got back from a May-term trip to Native American reservations in Arizona (I know, cool, right?). We had a lovely moment when we got in the car, turned and looked at each other, grinned, and exclaimed “Lindsay!!” (me) exactly at the moment she exclaimed “Katy!!”
So we got to come home last night and chill together. I got to hear all about her trip, and we caught up on other small matters. Then we mostly watched TV and hung out. Sound boring? But it’s not, because we did it as only we can. (It’s true. We make up our own unique kind of interactive atmosphere. No one else can compare.)
This morning we got to go to church together, which is always awesome. I love getting to worship with my sister! The worship time was amazing and refreshing – absolutely wonderful. And the sermon was both encouraging and challenging. We both left in great moods and came home to eat lunch.
Since then we’ve been chilling. It may sound like not much, but it’s been great. We’ve watched some shows together, sat side by side on our respective laptops talking to other people online…yeah, it’s been great bonding time. But seriously! It has. Cuz we keep laughing at each other and saying random things, the awesome and witty comments that only we can appreciate the most because we get each other’s sense of humor. So it’s been a rather nice, relaxing day, all the better simply because we spent it together.
- I cannot swipe a credit card into the Sonic card reader with my left hand. I tried 3 times. Something about the timing/angle I manage with my left hand does not work. Only with my right hand did the card slide in just right to be accepted. Crazy.
- I finally bought the little white-powdered donuts I have been craving for the last day and a half.
- Awesome quote by my sister – “Deodorant: It’s like food for your armpits.”