The last couple of nights I’ve been having a hard time getting decent sleep. So the sleep-deprivation was building, which of course affects my mood, energy, etc. In sum, it sets the stage for some rougher days.
But today, even though it wasn’t the easiest day and there were some rough (even some dark) patches, these are what got me through the day:
- Coffee, coffee, coffee! And I mean each of those words literally, because I had three cups of coffee. Those gave me the energy to make it through the morning.
- Sonic run at lunch. I was starting to feel kind of down, and decided I needed some time to myself. So I took a drive to Sonic, listened to some music, got a LARGE Diet Dr. Pepper and a small fries to munch on. I returned to campus and sat in my car for a bit, and even leaning my chair back to close my eyes and rest before work.
- A better, calmer mindset after lunch and the ability to get some more projects done. And of course the girls in my office who make me smile.
- 30 Day Shred, Level 2!!! That’s right, I hit up a kick-butt routine. I came home and was struggling more with just feeling “blah” and tense inside. But tell you what, that workout knocked it right out of me. It was such a relief to physically tell I was feeling better.
- Getting to watch So You Think You Can Dance while eating yummy fiber cereal. It was awesome
Well my sleep medicine is kicking in, so now I’m excited to head to bed. But just wanted to share these things in my day. Every good and perfect gift is from God, and I worship him for blessing us with the little things to make it through these days.